Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
2nd August 2020
Towards a new normal…
We are approaching our “Summer Break” – I can’t believe that it is August already. Traditionally this would be a time of slowing down – and that is one tradition I would like to uphold. We will continue with our streamed and open masses and prayers through these next weeks. But I would invite you all to join me in a time of “pause” and “thought”.
Pause – to give ourselves a chance to breathe after the very strenuous period of pandemic that we are living though. It is amazing how demanding this time has been.
Thought – to give our minds a chance to think creatively.
I do believe we have managed this time well. We have been there for one another and have felt the support that comes from a caring church community. That caring community is something that has been built over many years. It is on the back of this work that we have managed to “weather the storm”.
It looks like we will not be able to gather in our normal ways over the coming months – so what can we do to be more and more community – more and more support for one another – more and more a community of outreach and inclusion.
Put your thinking caps on – where can we grow – how can we experiment with new ideas and new ways of being…
IF you have ideas – share them….
I look forward to welcoming you back to Church as we continue our journey forward.
What to expect at Church…
Firstly I would like to point out two important facts:
- There is no obligation at this moment for you to attend mass. We will let you know when this changes.
- Here at St Vincent’s, we will continue our Live Stream – so no one will be left out.
Secondly, things will be different when you return:
- There will be stewards who will help us maintain social distancing.
- We can have a maximum of 42 people in Church at any one time.
- You use hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the Church.
- There is a one-way system.
- Baskets for your collection will be at the entrance and the exit.
- You will need to wear a face covering.
- Communion will be at the end of mass and you will be asked to leave straight after receiving the Host.
- Even though you might want to… Please don’t gather outside Church after mass…
Why not pop into Church…?
Living a life of faith today is a challenge. We would like to welcome you to share in our journey of putting our faith into action. This website is for that purpose. Whether you are a member of the community wanting to inform your self of times and events, or someone looking to find something you need at this time.
Our evening blessing
If you are looking for a way to bring your day to a proper close – why not join us at 9 pm for our 5min evening blessing….
For the latest info CLICK HERE
If you want to join us contact Fr Andrew – 01204 436702 or e-mail: email@example.com