The first two days of November set the tone for the month. All Saints and All Souls. Our focus on these darker days shifts to the heavenly home ready to welcome all of us. This comes just before the season we celebrate the New Life that comes into the world for our salvation.
We celebrate the saints that have been marked out for the way of living that led them to heaven and highlights them as examples and as guides for us to live our life to the full. We remember all souls too. We remember those we have know that have “gone before us with the sign of faith”, we rely on their continued love and support. We accompany them in prayer, believing in God’s mercy that he will “gather them all unto himself”. November is known as the month of the dead – but reminds us of the gift and importance of life.
During the month of November each day at mass, we bring forward the lists of names of those we remember. Our family and friends, parishioners and especially those who have been buried from this Church in the last year. You can send a list into Church to be included in our celebration. If you are able, we would ask that you make a donation to the Parish Community with your mass intentions.
1. Prepare your list
– Download our November List – [CLICK HERE]
– Just write the names of those you wish to remember on a piece of paper or in an e-mail
2. Put your list in an envelope with your donation
3. Send your list to Fr Andrew, post it through the Presbytery letter box or drop it off at Church
– Address – St Vincent’s Presbytery, 40 Newbrook Road, Over Hulton BL5 1ER
– E-Mail Fr Andrew: [email@example.com]
We are aware of the challenging times that we find ourselves in. If you are in need of assistance – please do not be afraid to reach out. We are facing the challenge of maintaining our parish and expanding our support for the community at the same time.
Here are ways you can make a contribution.
1. Look out for the initiatives of the Friend’s of St Vincent. All activities are to help develop our community and raise money for the Parish at the same time.
2. You can always drop off cash or cheque donations at Church or through the Presbytery letterbox. Cheques are payable to St Vincent de Paul Over Hulton.
3. Make a bank transfer or set up a standing order:
TSDT St Vincent de Paul Over Hulton
Account Nr.: 40620122
Sort Code: 20-55-34
IBAN: GB94 BARC 2055 3440 6201 22
4. Visit our Online Donation Portal – [CLICK HERE]
Thanks for all your support….